Friday, June 12, 2009

Magic Moments

Today's Magic Moment is brought to you by Sophie
Tired of hair in her face, she attacked the problem herself.

People always talk about the little things in life.  Until I started this blog though, I measured my life mainly by the big things--the birthdays, the holidays, the big accomplishments.  When I scrapbooked, those were the things I recorded.  As I look back over the last six months though, it's the surprise blogs--the ones I didn't plan to write--that catch my eye.  They're about the magic moments that make our lives special.
I began journaling when I was very young.  I was never a very faithful writer but by the time I got to junior high I was frequently using my journals to lament my lot in life.  When I was a little older, my wise dad told me that I should write happy things in my journal.  I don't think I listened to him then but I remember his advice now because that is what I am doing in this blog.  I am storing up the happy times, the special moments that happen every day.  And since I'm looking for them, I find them everywhere.  Of course there are those other times too--the ones that make me glad that this life isn't all there is.  I'm not trying to be a Polyanna and if you know me well, you know that I am well-acquainted with suffering but over the past six months, the Frodo Seven blog has been a little like having my own personal Clarence showing me that despite all of that--or maybe because of it--, I  truly have "a wonderful life".  

I highly recommend blogging.  And since God is the author of all of our lives, we each have our own wonderful story to share.  I'd love to read yours.

3 comments:

  1. I certainly enjoy reading your blog. It reminds me of all the fun times I will get to share with Ella. Also, I love the photo of Sophie with all the hair clips. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Sorry, my husband must have been signed in under his art account.
    -Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great photo. Sophie will love our dress up box. Can't wait to see her creations.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.