Most of the women of Kingwood TEAM 8
(from left: Jane, Jennifer, Alice, Michelle & Nellie)
On Saturday night, we went as a family to celebrate our friend Jennifer's 40th birthday. It was a surprise party organized by her sweet husband Ron and was a huge success. There were over 50 of us at El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant. The margaritas were excellent--Chris and I will be back for our next margarita date--the food was good and the company, the best. I hope you like the pictures.
Back at home, we went through bedtime routine and then enjoyed a first with our oldest daughter--her inaugural viewing of the movie Footloose. When she saw that the movie came out in 1984, she said, "wow-that was so long ago"--humbling since it doesn't feel like that long ago to me! The three of us were up late watching and reveille came early. We almost couldn't get Madeleine up for 9:00 A.M. Mass. We found out why later when she told us that she had stayed up well past midnight trying out new dance moves in the kitchen while listening to her ipod. I think it's safe to say that we'll be hearing quite a bit of "I Need a Hero" and "Let's Hear It For the Boy" around here for the next few weeks which will remind me of my youth--way back so long ago in the 1980s.
Good job Ron! The birthday girl was definitely surprised!
Men and their babes
(Ray with James & Chris with Ella)
The wonder of vending machines
I think I had one too many margaritas because I came home seriously cash poor
after an evening of being hit up for money by all of our kids
plus a couple of others.
Happy party-goers
Ella tries her first jalapeño pepper
Ron and Jennifer--serious cuteness
MGD: Extreme cuteness
The parade of cuteness continues (Gabby's phrase)
This is a side view of what we call Sophie's "mad bunny" face
Cute Madeleine and her cute buddy Alex
The obligatory wear the hat, hear the birthday song routine
Me and my Sophie-fina
(the mad bunny's gone back to the burrow for now)
There are many times in my life when I think, "Ren McCormick would have handled that much better than I did. He would have done a jump turn, smoothed his hand through his hair, gave a cocky grin and then danced his way out the door." He's so dreamy.
ReplyDeleteHe's okay. My Brother-in-Law's a much better dancer though.
ReplyDelete