Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Got ya!

Wow- it's been quite a few days since I've updated you on the happenings at Casa Doyle.  Tonight, I was planning on telling you about the amazing party we threw for Mia last weekend but that will have to wait as I have something a little more timely to say.
I spent the morning doing something I really hate to do--I got my hair done--highlighted, cut etc.  I guess I'm not a girly girl because I can think of about a hundred ways I'd rather spend a morning.  I'm vain enough to do what needs to be done though so there I was.  My mother-in-law came over to watch the kids.  She even organized a homeschool lesson about muscles and bones (I'm pretty sure it was over the kids' heads but she's passionate about science so it's great that she's sharing that with them).  
When I got home, Chris and Barbara told me they had some news for me.  I thought "Uh oh" and asked what it was.  Barbara said that she and the kids had been in the backyard and she'd had Ella standing in the grass.  She said she'd let go and Ella had stayed standing and when she'd said, "Come on, Ella", Ella had taken three steps.  
So-- Ella is my baby and although I'm a pretty easy-going mom, I did hope to be there for her first steps, video camera in hand.  I was pretty disappointed.  I told Chris, "well, obviously Ella is not going to be our last".  At that point, Barbara looked quickly at her watch and said, "is it--can it really be-- April first?"  
Yes, Chris got me again!  He gets me every single year and every year I say--not this year--I'll be on guard but, no, he manages to sneak one in there.  And Barbara played her role like a champ.  When Chris told her what they were going to do, she rehearsed what she would say and she nailed it.  All I can say is, "Be ye on your guard!"  There's always next year.

3 comments:

  1. So, I had Matthew on my lap while I was reading this post. He clicked on the picture, so I asked him who it was. He said, with no hesitation, "Donkey". I pointed to Chris, and asked him again who that was, and he said, "Donkey." When I said that it was Uncle Chris, he insisted that it was Donkey. So, tell Chris that Donkey is his new nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the mouths of babes...Give that nephew of mine a hug for sticking up for his Aunt Alice!! (He'd better watch out if he's going to be playing with his Uncle Chris this summer though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your non FB status totally missed on *THE* greatest AFD joke. I got a whopping 43 comments on it, lol. Amy even called me and I had to call her back and not leave her hanging, lol. Good times.

    And Donkey?? Chef Ramsay would love that. Everyone is a Donkey (dawn-keh) to him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.