Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Squeaky Clean

Our unique, intelligent, talented and handsome godson
We miss you, B!

Thursday, April 9th
DAY 6 of 
TLCTH

Thursday was originally supposed to be our beach day.  As the day grew nearer though, the forecast included rain and possible thunder storms so we decided to stay close to home and go to the beach Friday instead.
Thursday morning, Chris, Tara and I all got our runs in.  Chris and Tara did a long run together talking all about the meaning of life and sharing their most intimate secrets or maybe they just talked about--running.  Around lunch time, the Lauderdales and Doyles minus Chris headed to the mystery playground for a picnic and playtime.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died so I missed some great shots of the kids wading.  They had fun and only a couple of them rode home soaking wet (yes, Grace was one of them).
We had a taco feast for dinner.  Lawrence used his own spice combination on the chicken and he and Tara made guacamole (which is pronounced with a hard "g" even in Spanish despite what some Spanish-speakers may tell you about it being called "wawk-a-mole-eh").
After the kids got into their pjs, we gathered for family prayer and the Doyle family Holy Thursday traditional feet washing.  First, we read about the Last Supper from one of the children's bibles.  Then, Chris and Lawrence washed mine and Tara's feet followed by the rest of their family's feet.  After that, the kids drew names to wash each other's feet.  As it turned out, siblings got siblings.  The kids were enthusiastic about it and it was wonderful to watch them treating each other with such respect and tenderness.  Finally, when the water was good and dirty, Tara and I washed Lawrence and Chris' feet.

Look!  It's Curious George

Ryan looked so small next to all of the towering pines 

Rapping?

I asked Mia and Brendan to set the table.  In typical Brendan fashion, he approached it in his own unique way by measuring the distance from every plate, napkin and knife to the edge of the table.  He made us all place cards too.  Our table will never be so perfect again.

So cute

"As I have washed your feet, now go and wash each other's feet" 
JOHN 13:12-15

I am more thankful than I can say for all of the men I know 
who serve their families and lead them in the way they should go.  
You are my heroes (especially you, C!)

Brendan is a good big brother

Sophie adds a little massage for her big sis'

Madeleine's turn

Lawrence's feet may have been dirtier when Tara finished
 but I guess being squeaky clean wasn't the point anyway.

1 comment:

  1. wait...how were his feet dirtier after being washed? Tara, what were you using exactly? sugar water?? lol

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.