Chalk masterpiece by the Williams/ Doyle kids
We started the Easter season with a very fun day. The girls got up before sunrise to put on their Easter dresses and start asking, "When can we look for our Easter baskets?" The Easter bunny ordered their gifts online only a week ahead of time and UPS didn't bring them until five days after Easter but the girls were thrilled with their candy and colored eggs.
Madeleine and Mia sang at the 9:00 A.M. Mass which was so crowded I had to park on the street across from the church. It was raining and a very nice policeman walked me and Grace and Sophie to the door of the church.
Our friends Chad and Kim Williams decided not to go to Lousianna for the holiday so we invited them over for an Easter egg hunt and cook out with Jack and Barbara. Chris and Chad hid what seemed like a thousand eggs at our neighborhood playground which is wooded and has many great hiding places. We all enjoyed watching the kids tear around filling up their bags. I think Elliot came away with the most but they all had so much candy there were no complaints.
Back at home, we played and ate and Chris broke out our guitars for a jam session with Chad. Chad is an excellent guitar player and the two of them played a little bit of everything, my favorite being Country Roads.
We didn't say goodbye until after 9:30 P.M. and, after putting the kids to bed, Chris and I watched the controversial House episode I still hadn't seen. Poor Kutner. They should have at least given him a believable send off.
Walking to her basket
She goes for the Peeps just like big sis' Madeleine
(the Easter bunny brings them but personally thinks they're disgusting)
Yum--candy for breakfast!
Don't tell Dr. Mohsin!
"I found it!"
"Okay, when I say three....now let me tell you a story about when I was a kid..."
Sister conference
"Look, Grandma!"
And another one
YAY Me! (Notice Grandpa D in the background)
Evan and Elliot find one
Sophie spies one on the ground
A lot of ground to cover
Baby Dillon-- so cute
Grandma's girl
Happy hunters
(Madeleine, Mia, Grace, Sophie, Ella, Evan, Elliot & Drew)
Sophie and her buddy Drew
Serious (?) musicians
(FYI Chad has a blog too. It's called Tiny E and there's a link on the side of
frodo seven if you want to check it out.)
**(the Easter bunny brings them but personally thinks they're disgusting)**
ReplyDeleteAmen, sista. I mean, Mr. Easter Bunny!
The photo of the "For Jesus" chalk art reminds me of a story from when I was teaching a first grade class. Normally, I teach most of their songs by rote so students were surprised to be reading a song off of a paper one day. When I was collecting the papers, one little boy asked me if he could keep his paper. I told him that he won't need the paper soon. The song will be in his brain forever. He said, "I don't like brains. I like Jesus, just Jesus."
ReplyDelete