Grace waves back
DAY 4 of
The Lauderdales Come to Houston
Before their arrival, Tara put in just two requests. She wanted to run a 5K and visit the Downtown Aquarium. We set aside Tuesday as our DTAQ day. First thing in the morning, Tara took god-daughter Grace to Denny's for breakfast. Grace got her usual, Alien Pancakes, and enjoyed the one-on-one time with Tara. She's been talking about her godmommy so much in the past few weeks that Sophie has been asking when her godmommy is coming!
We arrived at the aquarium at about 10:30 and had a lot of fun going through the exhibits. Every time we go, we see something new. This visit, we saw a diver cleaning a tank and an alligator swimming under water. I've seen several alligators in the wild swimming on the surface, eyes above the water line but this was a first for me. The alligator moved a little like a turtle and I wish I'd been able to get my camera out fast enough to capture it on film.
Lawrence was a little disappointed with the tiger feeding. The white tiger calmly ate the meat the trainers gave him and walked around the cage. I think Lawrence was expecting a live victim, a little blood and vicious clawing. No such luck.
We passed through the gift shop and got out no poorer than when we'd gone in and ate a picnic lunch outside before enjoying all the rides.
We ended the day with some time in the dancing fountains and the kids slept on the way home.
Chris and Lawrence headed out to a Rockets game Tuesday night and Tara and Madeleine held down the fort while I went out to teach.
Yet another photo with the dolphin that's really a shark
Pirate B and the castaways
Fish faces
Petting the starfish
Pretty diver
"Let me out!"
Pretty diver again
Cousin sacrifice (no worries Jes--we saved Alex just in time)
There's no such thing as too many kids!
The Light House Dive
Sophie and Lauren tried it but weren't impressed
Me and Sophus on the train with FA
Alex-there's someone behind you!
We rode the Merry-Go-Round a few times
Two of the second set of Doyle-Kreitzer-Lauderdale triplets
Mia and Brendan
Catching up
His father's son--"I wonder how that works..."
There was a big sign saying "please don't play on the stage" that I didn't notice until I looked through my photos. I think this was their favorite part.
There's nothing better than a nice, warm towel
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.