Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The ABCs of Fun: Airplanes, Blue Bonnets (again), Chinese Food and More!

Kreitzer cousins and a very small plane
(I don't know about you but flying in one of these is NOT on my bucket list!)

Wednesday, April 8th
DAY 5 of The Lauderdales Come To Houston
PART II

After lunch, the kids played by the water with Lawrence and then came back up to watch the planes.  They even talked to one of the pilots and got their picture taken next to his plane.  Mid-afternoon, we said goodbye to Martina, Ashley, Jonathan, Paige and Drew and headed back to Houston, stopping early in the trip to take pictures in a blue bonnet field.  I can't believe we've lived in Texas almost six years and haven't done that before.  It was absolutely beautiful and the scent of so many flowers close together was dizzying.  Grace was so inspired that she took off running.  I didn't go after her at first because I assumed she wouldn't go far but when she disappeared over the top of the hill, I had visions of her running into the highway so I sent Madeleine to chase her while me and Ella trailed slowly behind.  She wasn't very contrite when we caught up with her and I think if she were faced with a huge field of flowers again she'd do the same thing.
Forty five minutes from home, we stopped at an outlet mall to look at shoes for Brendan.  I think everyone came away with something and when we finally made it back to Kingwood, it was late.  Fortunately, Chris had ordered a feast of Chinese food and had set up tables and candles outside.  It was relaxing and fun and the best part--no dishes!  The perfect day.

Alex liked the blue Snoopy plane the best (so did his Aunt Alice)

My Maggie G

Sophie liked the little planes too--just her size!

Good buddies

Martina, in front of the camera for a change

Drew was thrilled to see his godparents!:)

"Look at that one, Sean!"

"That's cool but check this one out!"

O.K. Time for a kiss

Meanwhile, Sophie practices how Daddy has taught her to be with boys

Blue Bonnets
"Not even Solomon in his splendor was arrayed like one of these"
Matthew 6:29

Most of the Lauderdale kids were asleep in the car for this event.

Lost in the flowers

Grace is gone

Heavenly

Madeleine plays Wizard of Oz--
"Poppies...Poppies.  Poppies will put them to sleep.  Sleep"

Three Doyle Dames 

Picnic in the dark back at CD

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice - great pictures!! Looks as if you all had a great time in Brenham. The airport and cafe are really neat! Hope you and yours had a Blessed Easter. See you soon, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.