Sunday, April 12, 2009

DAY 2 of The Lauderdales Come To Houston


Man, that's cold!
Ryan does a recovery lap 

What a difference a week makes!  It's Easter Sunday and Houston is enjoying torrential downpours and thunder storms.  Last week, on Day Two of TLCTH, we had sunny, blue skies and perfect weather though a bit cooler than usual for this time of year.  We got a lazy start to the day and enjoyed one of Chris' delicious brunches before heading to 11:00 A.M. Mass.  It was Palm Sunday so Mass was extra long.  I think we finally finished at 12:45.  Chris started out double-fisted with both Sophie and Ella.  Tara took Sophie from him but about a quarter of the way through the reading of the Passion, handed her off to Lawrence.  I tried to get Sophie back from him but she wanted nothing to do with that.  She threw both arms around his neck, snuggled in and won his heart.  They were fast friends for the rest of the visit.  I think she would have been happy to stow away in his suitcase.
We had planned to stop at the horse playground before going home but almost all of the Lauderdale kids fell asleep in the car and they decided to head back.  We stopped for a brief visit with the horses and then joined them back at CD.
The afternoon was spent playing games and getting wet in the backyard.  We were appalled to discover that Tara and Lawrence have been neglecting their kids' baseball education but they all got the idea quickly and, Ryan especially, seemed to really like it.  Chris had mown a baseball diamond into the yard for Mia's party a couple weeks ago so the kids had a "real" field to play on.  I think their favorite part was chasing the balls they hit over the fence into our neighbor's driveway.
Tara, Mia, Flat Alex, Grace, Lauren and I headed to Religious Ed classes at 4:00 P.M.  Grace's class learned about the parable of the yeast and the Last Supper.  Lauren seemed to like the classroom with all of the hands-on activities.
After doing the kid hand-off, Tara and I went out for a Girls' Night.  I wish we'd taken a picture.  I don't think we got one of the two of us all week!  We had a great time.  We did one of my favorite things--went for some wine and a quiet dinner.  I was so grateful for the one-on-one time with Tara.  She's a terrific friend.  And I forgave her long ago for being able to kick my butt in swimming, running, soccer.....

Jasmine?  The girls keep re-naming the horses

Ryan braves the water straight from the hose

I'm so cold, I'm so cold, Gotta' run.
Every time Ryan went down the slide he did a recovery lap around the yard.
It cracked us up.

Okay--maybe I can try it again.

Heels over head!  Lauren takes a turn on the water slide

Not sure she liked that (she did it again though!)

Grace and buddy Paige (Flat Alex is learning about the Last Supper too)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.