Incoming!
Friday, April 10th PART II
FINAL POST of
The Lauderdales Come to Houston
Lawrence and Tara voted to ride the ferry to the Bolivar Peninsula and head back the long way. We waited in line for forty five minutes but the ride was well worth the wait. When we lived in Beaumont, riding the ferry was part of the adventure of going to Galveston and I never tire of it. We often see dolphins and we always feed the seagulls who are only too happy to eat from our hands.
We finally arrived back at Casa Doyle at 9:30. The kids were wiped out and went right to sleep but Tara and Lawrence had the job of packing for their early flight.
We got out of the house on time the next morning and the Lauderdales had an easy trip back to chilly Virginia.
You would think that after spending a week with nine kids and four adults in one not-so-big house, we'd all be ready to get back to normal. Not so. The house is too quiet now, I miss the extra kids and the companionship and if I had my wish, I'd live with--or next to--my extended family on a daily basis. I'm counting the days until our trip to Virginia!
Say "cheese"!
One brave seagull
The seagull stole Ryan's cracker
(Mostly Ryan spiked the crackers toward the water and the seagulls dove after them)
No takers
Ella was fascinated
Here he comes!
Ella looks distressed. "Where'd it go, Daddy? I wanted to eat that!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.