Friday, August 7, 2009

The One You've Been Waiting For

Back to the beach for a moment...As I mentioned in an earlier post, I took about 600 pictures on vacation.  I've looked through them all and picked a few of my favorites to post here.  I think they tell a bit of the story of our week.  It was an interesting vacation--a working vacation because we spent a lot of time on the tribute video for my parents' anniversary party.  Of course that was a lot of fun in itself and I can now cross "be in a music video" off my bucket list (and if I ever hear the song "Way Back Into Love" again, it will be too soon!)

Top Ten Photos From the Doyle--Kreitzer--Lauderdale OBX Vacation 2009

#10 Treasure Hunters

#9 All Heart

#8 Fun in the Sun

#7 Little Snack?

#6 Too Close For Cousins

#5  A Hole Lot of Fun

#4 Diving Diva

#3 Best Ride of the Day

#2 Bring It!

#1 A Fortunate Encounter

And a couple of runners-up:

Strong Men

Our Twins

Party Planning By The Sea
or "Whatcha doing Aunt Jes?"

"Here's our chance"

BFFs

Beading Beauties

Wuv...True Wuv (x3)
or Woulda' Been Better As A Pyramid

Memorable Moments:  Tara and Grace's awesome karaoke performance, Lawrence's pit and Alex's futile efforts to catch the flying sand,  Chris' latest proposal, Sophie and Matthew's triumphant swims across the pool, David's wet pj party and floating cake,  discussions of belt allergies, dancing in the pool, how many kids can you fit in a hot tub?, pool guy and bubble problem,  champagne in sangría?--not a great idea,  belting it out in a coffee shop full of strangers, watching Dexter for the first and last time (sorry T :), running out of all snacks in two days (how is that possible?), Brendan's courageous leap into the sinking muck, the kids working together to help with chores,  tri-family bedtime prayers and Ryan's "Hail Mary", very good food and even better company.  I can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

  1. You know why I love this post? Because it makes me wish I was there! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Ya'll had a great time and you captured some great moments. I love the #1 photo and the little boy holding the treasure map looking like he is saying "arrrrr", and I'd love to hear the details of some of those memorable moments!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.