Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hangin' Out With Ceci PART I

Introductions:  

Ella's first impression of Uncle Kevin

So, to recap my rather scattered party posts, we had a wonderful time the weekend of Jack and Barbara's party (a post about my parents' party is still in the works--I am waiting patiently for the pictures).  Unfortunately, Abby had to fly back to KC for work early Sunday afternoon.  Kevin and Ceci hung around with us for the week though.  It was great to have so much unplanned time together.  Without a holiday to celebrate or anyplace we had to be, we played things by ear and enjoyed ourselves.  
There are a couple of things I love about having guests.  First, it becomes a vacation for me too because I take a break from some of my standard "have-to"s like chores that aren't absolutely essential, workouts and structured homeschooling.  Second, we always take the opportunity to go and do things around Houston--something that makes me appreciate the city a little more.  And last but not least, there's nothing like living together for a few days to help you really get to know--and love--someone.

On Monday, Kevin and I took the kids downtown to the Children's Museum.  Chris and I were last there in January and since then, they had remodeled, taken out a few of the more boring exhibits and put in a giant play city called "Kidtropolis".  A lot of the exhibits were advanced for our group but it was very impressive and the girls enjoyed the grocery store, the art studio and the vet clinic.  There were even play ATMs that the kids could use.  We ended the day out back at the water stations.  I didn't get a lot of pictures of that but it is tons of fun.







I want one of these for our house.  Each cage had the name of the animal and the treatment needed.  The girls loved picking a stuffed animal and playing doctor.  I could also see them playing animal shelter or pet shop.


I don't remember what this was called but Grace and Mia were the only ones old enough to play on it.  It went floor to ceiling and looked like tons of fun.

Doyle Doyle Doyle Doyle Doyle








Where to next Ceci?

Coming Up:  Back to the DTAQ

2 comments:

  1. All Doyled Up. Miss you. I took Bella here once Think goodness for the outside. Woosh was it sensory overload for me. It looks likee you guys found some wonderful things to play with. Love the vet center.Busy battling for services for Bella here. i want to start I blog about Spec. Ed services and the wondering , meandering, indirect path to receiving services and diagnosis for your child. Please let me know how. Thanks Hope Ps tell the girls I miss them and special Nanny hugs and kisses to Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a ton of fun, we'll have to go there next time we visit. Hope you guys are having a good relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.