Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spoiled


Our Valentine box

When I was a kid (back when we used to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow), my dad used to give me and my siblings cards for Valentine's Day and, if we were lucky, a box of conversation hearts.  And we were happy with those things.  In the Doyle house, the kids get a gift and a handmade card from Daddy.  I know that we are spoiling them but I remind myself that they don't get the simple pleasures I got from riding my bike around the neighborhood unaccompanied or playing in the front yard without a parent.  
The kids made valentines this year as they do every year.  My friend Misty's children joined us.  Mia later went on to address valentines to all of her cousins (those were from the store).  I was so proud of her.  I had made her a list and she persevered until she completed the project.
On Valentine's Day, Chris took Madeleine and Maggie to a concert and I hung out with my cousin Jen.   C and I will be celebrating a belated Valentine's Day later this week and I am looking forward to that.

Mia makes sure she hasn't missed anyone!

They all got tubes of animals.  Now the princess castle is home to princess figures, Little People, Littlest Pet Shops and animals!

You can tell Ella has had practice with this.

Chris' Valentine for Ella.  He always uses magazine pictures and pictures of the girls.

This was Chris' favorite. 

Madeleine bought me an Ugly Doll for Valentine's Day.  It was so sweet.  I love Ugly Dolls and have given them as gifts to several of my nieces and nephews (Poor Mr. B- it wasn't quite his thing!) and Madeleine.  I've wanted one but wouldn't have bought it for myself.  Madeleine surprised me with "OX"  meaning, hugs and kisses.

Madeleine and friends- "Ice Bat" on the right was her Valentine's Day gift.

So soft.

2 comments:

  1. That Valentine for Grace is hysterical! Her expression is perfect. Chris is so funny. That's a cute idea to use the magazine pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been a while since we've seen Chris, I had no idea he was so ripped! ;) And Brendan sleeps with his ugly doll. I just had never seen or heard of them before, but he's growing on me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.