Who is that masked girl?
We had a little celebration at dinner tonight in honor of Mardi Gras. My plan had been to research the history and maybe show some pictures of different celebrations. That never happened. Instead, we talked about Lent and what we are planning to do. The girls had some ideas that impressed me. I'm not sure they understand exactly how long 40 days is but we'll see how it goes. After our special dessert, I headed out the door to teach my first class. It's always hard for me to leave because the kids want me to stay. Sophie was pleading with me, "I want to speak Spanish, Mommy"--she wanted to go with me. Once I got to class though, I enjoyed myself as I usually do. I find teaching so much fun now that it is an extra and not a mainstay in my life (I'm not counting the teaching I do with the girls- that's a different beast entirely!) I especially like teaching at the community college because the classes are small, there are no discipline issues and the students are hard workers. All of my students this semester work full time and take my class two nights a week. Because I'm taking over from another teacher, I have a group that has already bonded. I can tell we're going to have a good time although they informed me that I need to speak more english. HA!
Our treat. My original plan was to do make-your-own sundaes but when I saw the cute chocolate Mardi Gras cupcakes, I knew Madeleine would love them. They had a little accident between the store and home though and Mia intervened to "fix" them. This is the result.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.