Maggie and Madeleine on the boat tour
As I said in my recent posts about my cousin Jenny and her daughter Maggie, we haven't seen them in several years so this weekends' visit was a lot about playing catch up. We did a few fun things too but mostly, after the kids were taken care of, Jen and I sat around and talked and talked. Exactly what I had hoped we'd do.
When I picked them up Friday, we went to lunch in Rice Village and then to the Health and Medical Museum downtown. Madeleine really likes that museum and it's a hard one to take the little kids to so it was a good choice for the afternoon. I think we all learned a few things. Saturday, Jen and I went for a long walk-- possibly my favorite part of the trip-- then we all went to Anjelica's birthday party. Anjelica is the daughter of my friend Catalina, another homeschooling mom and she had invited the whole family to the party which was at Jumpin' Joey's, a place with all kinds of inflatables. Even the big girls got to jump and had a great time although it wore them out a bit trying to keep up with the little kids. Saturday night, Chris took Madeleine and Maggie out to dinner and to a Jesse McCartney concert at the House of Blues. A treat for all of them. Sunday was Mass, big breakfast at home and then off to the Woodlands for the big girls and Ella. We did a little shopping and then took the boat tour. I really enjoyed that because when I've done it in the past, I've always been struggling babies, trying to keep them from falling out a window or walking around too much.
It was a great weekend and so wonderful to see Jen and Maggie. Maggie looks so different to me. So grown up but she's still the sweet girl I remember. Easy-going, respectful and mature. And Jen is the same Jen. She's still not too fond of shopping, would rather read than do almost anything else and is satisfied with the simple things in life. She does admit she feels like a spoiled kid in the red jeep that she's always wanted and finally got. I'm looking forward to going for a ride with the top down when we visit in July. I'm also looking forward to seeing the rest of her sweet family. I heard a lot about Tim, Abby, Jeffrey and Stephen over the weekend. According to Jen, Jeffrey and Grace would get along great. I can't wait to find out! A big thank you to Maggie and Jen for making the long trip to the Lone Star State. We love you two!
Madeleine checks out her heart rate at the Health Museum
Our little ones were all over their second big sis' for the weekend! They were also thrilled to finally meet the Maggie we pray for every night.
Madeleine and Mia made it through the tunnel
Two blondies. We agreed that these two look like sisters.
Leaving for a night on the town. Lucky Chris!
Two beautiful Margaret Graces or, as I like to call them, Maggie Gs
Most of the kids. Nice face Miss Grace.
They love Maggie!
Me and Jen on the boat. Ella was too interested in the ice from my Sonic drink
to bother with a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.