Thursday, May 26, 2011

Super Hero Swimmers

Every week during swim season, the Wahoos host a pep rally to get swimmers pumped up for Saturday's meet.  Our coaches come up with good ideas to make the experience fun for everyone and the energy generally carries over to Saturday morning.  Last week's pep rally had a superhero theme.  Thanks to some great gifts from Kevin and Abby, we had capes for everyone and the girls went as Super Mia, Super Grace, Super Sophie and Super Ella.  Madeleine was definitely super but didn't dress up this time.

The top two Wahoo six-and-under backstrokers.
Certainly Super!

Sneak attack by Matthew C.
It ended well.

Pizza-- favorite fish fuel

My favorite of a series of pics of Chris' hair.  Here he's hiding it.  He got a pretty bad hair cut on Friday.
Think buzz cut for The Basic School.  The good news?  Hair grows :)

Super G

The "Dolphin Divas", two of our super star coaches

Coach Keith AKA Pescado Rápido*

Coach Kara with a pescada pequeña*

Madeleine and her six-and-under buddy Brady
He has quite the crush.

Super Buddies


Hmmm.....what to do with this water balloon....
I know it's for a game but....

...it might be more fun to soak Sophie with it now!
(They played the game and Sophie got soaked about five minutes later)

Balloon on the tarp game

Tossing and catching

Big toss to the other team

Barbara may have been reminiscing about fun times like this as a PE teacher

Super Ella waits in the wings and watches from the play area

next year's upcoming super star Wahoo gets ready for lift off

The other day, Ella started a sentence, "When I'm on the Wahoos, can I...."  "When"---I like that.  

Tata for now!


*not technically good Spanish.  The word "pescado" refers to dead fish, prepared for dinner. "Pez" is the word for a living, swimming fish.  Interesting that there is a distinction.  Because I am still employed to teach Spanish, I felt I should issue that disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.