Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More on Mother's Day

The best word to describe this year's Mother's Day is "easy".  The whole day (except for the mad dash to get the girls ready for singing in the children's choir at Mass) was smooth, easy and fun.  After Mass,  Chris slipped away with Madeleine and Ella to do some last minute grocery shopping.  I stayed behind with the other girls and visited with friends for an hour--a huge treat.  G and G Doyle came over for brunch and enjoyed a Mom/ Grandma appreciation activity designed by Madeleine.  The afternoon was full of pictures and spending time together and Chris gave a last minute call to our friends Michael and Michelle to join us for a casual dinner--grilled of course.  After we ate, the kids played outside while the adults played 31 at the kitchen table.  The stakes were high--three quarters each--and I was the lucky one to walk away with the pot of $3 (which Chris spent today on tolls--I'm charging him interest).
And below, more photos from our Mother's Day shoot.  I've been wanting to go to a real studio to get group photos of our family but didn't want to ruin Sunday with the kind of hassle that involves.  So, we did the next best thing--we set up a studio in our master bedroom.  The walls are off-white and it gets great light so it was perfect.  Normally when I'm indoors, I set the ISO at 1600.  For our shoot, with the light overhead and coming in the windows, I had it at 1000.  I think that made a big difference in the crispness of the pictures.  I really loved the "winner" that I posted last time.  Below, a few of our bloopers and some shots of a few posers :)

 Mommy in a head lock.  Is this a good idea?

 They seem to be in turmoil but I'm ready and smiling

I like Sophie in this one

 

and, our favorite again

 Black and White--white pants, black feet


 Always peaceful

  the infamous blue chair...
(more on that later)

 the oldest and the youngest

I hope all is well with you.  Happy Halfway Day tomorrow!
Love, Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.