Thursday, May 5, 2011

Goodbye to Old Friends

 We've gone many miles together, these shoes and I.  I bought them in New Orleans almost three years ago and we have bonded quite a bit since then.  Unlike my little sister, I have always been a solitary runner, my sole companions being my music and the faithful shoes that carry me safely over the miles.  I don't keep track of my distance or time.  I run because running is one of the things I have always done that makes me feel like me.  No other exercise can compare.
I'm a little sad to say goodbye to these particular friends.  I've had them so long.  I even wore them to jump out of an airplane.  But my aching feet and knees tell me it's time for something new.

And here they are.  Another pair of Nikes.  I am a Nike girl and though I have tried other brands, I always come back.  These days, when I buy new shoes, I go straight to the Nikes, pick the cutest pair that's the right kind and am ready to go in fifteen minutes flat.  I have run on these quite a few times and they do a good job--with the help of a miraculous set of gel inserts.  So, in honor of the season, I have a new spring in my step.  Now, for some new tunes.....

Big Game Update:  I have two contest entries with just three days to go!  Don't miss this once in a lifetime chance to win the Frodo Seven Mystery Movie Bucket

Decide, Commit, Enter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.