Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm the Dog

We've been having a bit of trouble with Ella at bedtime lately.  It's our fault really.  For three and a half years of her life, we've let her go to bed with her pa/ pacifier.  We meant to wean her at three but our efforts were half-hearted at best.  So now we're dealing with a serious addiction.  Ella is on board with the effort to go pa-less but doesn't quite know how to settle down and sleep without it.  So, for a week or so, she's been awake until we go to bed.  It's had a domino effect on her roommate Sophie and now they're like two college students, up half the night and sleeping till noon (or nine).
I was talking to Ella about the situation this evening.  She told me that she wanted me to go to bed too and I explained that babies go to bed first so parents can have some grown up time.  "Ella, when you're the Mama, you can stay up but right now, you're the baby."  Her reply?  "No, I'm the dog."
That stumped me.  I suppose I'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sleeps wherever and whenever she wants? Drinks out of the toilet? Sniffs everyone's butt? Eats whatever everybody else drops on the floor? Likes to lick your face? Is Momma's best friend? (Think I like that one best.)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.