They say necessity is the mother of invention. A few days ago, I made a list of a few of the many chores on the the to-do list here at Casa Doyle. I asked each of the girls to choose one. Grace surprised me by choosing the downstairs bathroom. I told her where the supplies were and named a few of the things she needed to do including picking up a pile of toilet paper that had been unraveled and putting the roll back on the holder. I didn't know that Chris had taken the tension rod out and hidden it until he could tighten the holder on the wall and generally repair the whole damaged thing.
Even without the rod, Grace did as I asked her. Here is how she solved the problem:
When we found it, it had a roll of toilet paper on it and was quite functional. (I'm wondering if I should send the photo to Sharpie for a "many uses of" ad...)
And here, a photo of the problem solver herself at last Friday's pep rally.
The story and more photos coming up soon!
Um, she's brilliant! You should send that to Real Simple.
ReplyDelete