Friday, May 27, 2011

Good Times

 It was the best of times.....it is a good time.  The school year went out with a fizzle as we moved into the swim season and ambitious house projects.  We'll actually take school with us to Woodstock where, without all of my normal chores to attend to, I'll have more time to spend with my students one-on-one.  Because the bottom four have never really gotten used to a school schedule, complete with summer off, they don't mind.  And though I'm not completely on board with the un-schoolers, I do agree with their concept of the world as classroom and learning being seamless rather than something that begins in September and ends in June.
Below, some random photos of the good times here at CD:

 We're converting the homeschool room back into a bedroom for Mia and Grace.
Here, they're camping out together while their room is under construction.

 Sophie won swimmer of the week at tonight's pep rally

 Then, she gorged herself at the trough of ice cream the coaches brought out.
Poor Grace went home with a tummy ache.  She asked why the coaches would give them all that ice cream if they knew kids would get a tummy ache from eating too much.  Good question.  A better one?  Why didn't mommy stop her?  Hmmm...

Boogying the night away.  Yes, that's me on the right, trying to imitate Ella's boxer dance moves.  Hers are much cuter.

Life's not all fun and games.  I completed the great clothes organization project of the season this week.
10 boxes, filled and labeled.  A lot of work but worth it when it's all ready to go for the winter.

I hope your summer season gets off to a good start this weekend.  Cook out, Swim, Shop the sales, Enjoy life with the ones you love!

See you here next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.