Friday, April 1, 2011

Warning! Remember the Date!

It's that day again.  April 1st.  I am sure Chris has a plan for me but so far, his only victim has been Madeleine.  This morning, her sisters, willing accomplices, rang the door bell and Chris went up to Madeleine's room where she was still sleeping and asked if she had made an appointment with her Geometry teacher.  Madeleine gave a sleepy, "no" and Chris asked her to please come down and see what her teacher needed.  Madeleine grumbled a bit, threw on a sweatshirt, grabbed her Geometry bag and walked down the stairs only to have the flash go off and hear her sisters say "April Fools!"  (I was the innocent bystander with the camera.)
Chris tells me I am incapable of pulling off an April Fools joke because my face is so transparent but I have a feeling that will only cause him to let his guard down and underestimate me.  I was a pretty convincing actress back in the day.  If you have any good ideas for me, please let me know.  I may declare an April Fools Weekend just to help Madeleine get even with her dear old dad!

 It's sinking in



What a great sport.
Little sisters beware!!

1 comment:

  1. The author understates the panic and even irritation Madeleine expressed when I told her that her Geometry teacher was at the door. What an unpleasant way to start the day! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.