Monday, April 11, 2011

Adventures in Camping

So, I guess I'll let the photos tell the story of our fun weekend.  Just a bit of background--about six months ago, our neighbors asked if we would be interested in going camping with them and one other family.  I said "sure" because, well, that's my usual response.  As the time grew closer and I started thinking about the specific details of the three days we would be sleeping away from our beds, I started to have second thoughts but the kids were excited and Chris was in Marine logistician mode making plans so, to use a military term, I "executed the plan".  It was great except that I found it almost impossible to sleep.  That, and the bathrooms were quite yucky.  So, no showers all weekend.  But, we survived and are talking about "next time"--which won't be anytime soon because summer has come to Texas (what a relief :)

 Fashionista readies herself to erect the tent

 a little pole vaulting to pass the time

 Daddy-daughter bonding

 Grace posing with our truly amazing propane stove circa 1975.
Just as good as cooking at home--really.

 Credeur village



 Serious about lighter fluid

 Got ice?

 Got marshmellows?

 Ella does

 The multi-talented Bobster

 I forgot Ella's pillow and Grace was kind enough to share hers with her lil sis

 Early Saturday morning.
Mia is bright eyed and bushy tailed and has already been to see the hair stylist.

 First cup of coffee
We cut her off once we got back home.

Ready for the journey.
More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.