Saturday, April 30, 2011

And Speaking of Movies....

Last night, Chris and I drove the kids and an honored guest to a small park downtown where they were showing Back to the Future on the big screen.  We arrived just as things were getting started but managed to grab decent seats for seven plus one along with a few gyros from Niko Nikos, the official park restaurant.
It was a gorgeous evening, just the right temperature and Chris and I enjoyed introducing an 80s classic to our girls.  My favorite part of the movie has always been the beginning where MJF rides his skateboard to school by tagging along on whatever car or truck happened to be headed in the right direction (no helmet, very dangerous--I'm saying that in my mom voice--but I still think it looks like fun).  Madeleine left raving about how great that "old" movie was and crushing on Michael J Fox--which reminded me that I used to feel the same way.  Ahhh...the 80s, the good old days.  I liked MJF, Kirk Cameron and Rick Springfield and had a really great poster of George Michael when he was still a part of Wham! (what ever happened to that poster?)

But I digress--so, the girls fell asleep on the way home and all of them were cranky and needed naps today.  Then there was the priceless movie quote that came out of Grace's mouth at bath time--"Get your damn hands off of her" (I think that was directed at Chris as he wrangled a crying Ella out of the tub).  Chris tells me that Grace also went Biff on Ella in the driveway this afternoon telling her to pick something up then bopping her and rubbing her head saying, "Hello, hello, anybody home? McFly?"  (Note to selves--be more careful in selection of movies for Doyle Dame #3.)

Oh well--casualties aside--it was a fun family night enjoying life in the great city of Houston.  

Check out the pictures for a glimpse of our honored guest!



  Ella is one puppy lovin' chica!
Our honored guest was our buddy Chaucer who is staying with us for the weekend.
His behavior the whole evening was A+.  A random stranger even stooped down to pet him at one point prompting Ella to say, "Dada, that guy petted Chaucer."

 
 me & C
(photo by Madeleine)

 Ella and Sophie watched some of the movie from the dog statue

 Here you can see the crowd watching the movie.  Perfect size really.  
Fun atmosphere but not too many people.

 City street lights

and skyscrapers

Have you sent in your entry to the FS Big Game yet?  The countdown is on!

Happy Sunday Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.