So, today was a big day for someone here at Casa Doyle. Our dear Madeleine, high school freshman extraordinaire, attended her very first college class. Her teacher? The finest, most creative, energetic, fun, talented and fair....well, okay-me. I'm teaching a beginning class this semester and thought it would be a useful addition to her high school curriculum.
And she did great tonight. I was so proud of her. She was nervous beforehand about being the youngest in the class and not really knowing what she was doing but once we got started, she was a pro. I admit showing a little nepotism when I called the number I knew she needed in Bingo but hey--what's a mom to do?
I have a big class this time around. And I can tell they are going to be fun. But I say that every semester don't I? What can I say? I love my job.
La estudiante más inteligente (y guapa)
Coming up next week: full time teaching at The Doyle Homeschool (in our brand new school room :) including a Spanish class for the girls plus a few extra home schoolers. God grant me........everything. I'll need it.
Congrats to Madeleine! Wish I could say that en espanol, but hablo espanol un muy poco. Quelle domage. (I took French in high school and college and Je ne parle pas francais tres bien either.) Wish I could attend your class.
ReplyDelete