Saturday, September 18, 2010

God in a Box

As I mentioned yesterday, we just completed our second official week of homeschooling. And, so far, so good. Chris has said several times how impressed he is with what the girls are doing as well as their enthusiasm for everything. Those comments definitely fill my sail.
I spend a lot of time at my "desk" in our little classroom and I've noticed that, even when our official school day is over, Sophie will often be in here with me sitting quietly at her desk. Sometimes she colors, draws or looks at a book but often she just wants to be with me--which warms my heart. She likes to take the Good Shepherd statue I have on my desk and put it on hers where she can look it. Yesterday, she came into the room to announce to me that it is not at all fair that Mia has two statues and she has none. She wanted me to give her the statue of Jesus. I told her she could put it on her desk and look at it anytime. Apparently that wasn't good enough because the next time I went into the homeschool room, she brought in a small statue of Mary to show me. I asked her if she was going to look at Mary while she practiced her "Lovely Lady" poem and she said, "Yes and Mama, I have God in the box too". What? I started to laugh and she said, "No, Mama, Look! He fits. He's not too big". Sure enough, the Good Shepherd statue was resting neatly in her supply box. Interesting that she calls Him "God" instead of Jesus. And does she really think she has God in her supply box? Four year olds are so interesting.
Maybe I'll send Chris on a covert mission to rescue God. I wonder where Sophie will hide Him next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.