Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback to Fairgrounds

Grace and Zack at the Prince William County Fair 2010

So, today, on this second "Flashback Friday", we are revisiting an extra-specially fun day spent with the Bristow Kreitzers. Jes had gotten tickets to the Prince William County Fair and we chose the day to go. As we were leaving the house that afternoon, we had serious concerns about the weather. There was no doubt that rain was coming the question was how much and whether it would shut everything down or not. We decided to go anyway. I think we were the only ones there for the first hour or so. Eventually, other brave souls wearing rain coats and carrying umbrellas, showed up to join us. We were utterly gear-less so we all got completely soaked. It was wonderful. If you've never been to a fair in the rain, you should really try it. No crowds, cool temps and no worries about sticky, cotton candy hands. The only downside was the early closing time (although that actually made Jes happy. She had gone on one too many spinny rides). We also left without the six or seven goldfish we had won. I sponsored my nephews in that game but all the kids ended up helping out. Jes was quite glad to have forgotten the fish but she's a good sport and I know she would have given them a good home if they'd made it back with her. All in all, tons of fun.

Stop by next Friday for "Flashback to Fire".




While the other kids were on a ride she wasn't tall enough to go on, Sophie rode the boats again by herself. I watched from under an awning across the way.

No one here but us elephants

Alex spies the ride that will be his next conquest.

I think Ella was crying because she wasn't tall enough to ride the train.
Silly really. It went about 2 miles an hour and Sophie rode it alone.

Winning the duck solved her troubles.
Actually, with the huge puddles, we all felt like ducks.

Good catch Grace!
None of the kids wanted to put their heads in the shark's mouth for a photo op.

"There's something different about you, Babe."

Ella, looking pretty unimpressed
I guess she knows her Dad's a Marine and will be along shortly to save her.

I wonder where Grace learned how to do such a believable grouch face....

Ciao till next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love your flashback friday! what a great idea! and the photos from the river are terrific. You definitely have a photographer's eye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.