
So, my intention after buying my Nikon in the spring was to take all my own photos of the girls. No more expensive professional portraits. The problem is that while I like my own pictures a lot, I don't have a studio for taking photos like the very cute one above. I also enjoy my traditional birthday photo outings with the girls. My latest favorite when it comes to portrait studios is The Picture People. My membership helped me get out of there yesterday for about $25.
The following are some of the shots from Grace's birthday celebrations. First is her party held the day before we left Virginia. She insisted over and over that she wanted to have it with her cousins so we kept it simple (as simple as possible for me) and made it happen. Next are photos from the birthday dinner we had on Sunday. We invited some friends and of course G and G Doyle. The little girl from next door was over when the fun started so she joined us too.
Obstacle course. Short-lived because of the heat.
The pool was much more fun. Here's Ella holding up her Aunt Jes.
new friend
I love this one. So G.
And...back in hot, humid, mosquito-infested Houston:
yard games
push-ups, punishment for a dropped balloon
our brown-eyed girls
We lost but to be fair--it was not my idea to tie the thing up so high. I still have a bruise.
Something she's been wanting for a long time.
the requested donut cake
someone sampled it ahead of time
Another gift for all the girls.
It has been so much fun--highly recommend it (and I can't wait to see my BIL do it--I'm sure he'll give Madeleine a run for her money!)

And a final picture--
Grace chose this pose for her sheet of wallets.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.