Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh, Maggie G!

Margaret Grace and Madeleine Noel

So, if you know us in person or have been reading Frodo Seven for awhile, you know that Doyle daughter #3 is a unique kid.  They all are of course but she's the one that makes me especially happy that we homeschool because I know without a doubt that her teachers would not be able to appreciate or understand her the way I do.  Take what happened today.  I asked Grace to clean up a few things that were under the table.  She did the job halfway and headed outside to join her sisters.  I called her back in to finish her chore, and as I prepared lunch and waited for Grace, I heard Ella crying frantically.  I went out to investigate and discovered Ella trapped in the playhouse with two very large stones blocking the door.  Naturally, I was not happy with the culprit, who finally trotted inside for her chore and some quality time in the corner.  After a few minutes, I started talking to Grace about trying harder to think before she does things and being kind to her younger sisters.  Grace listened quietly and then replied, "but Mommy, I wanted Ella to stay inside the playhouse until I finished my chore so that I could play a game with her."  Imprisonment for love?  A deep seated desire to torture a little sis'?  Maybe both.  One thing's for sure.  Although I never know what each day will bring, I do know that my girls are some of the most wonderful and interesting people I've ever met.  They're on loan from God and I thank Him for that.


2 comments:

  1. From a teacher's perspective: When I had students who "danced the line" - so to speak - I noticed that I felt closer to that student in the end. I tried to work out the problems and in doing so I learned a lot about the student. When my efforts paid off and solutions to disruptions were found I was rewarded with a lasting friendship. Grace would be one of my favorites. She is full of energy and seems to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a child who tortures siblings...why do the words Alice and David or Alice and Neil pop into my mind?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.