So last week, the newest priest at our church, Father TJ, helped me with something special--a birthday blessing for a friend. I was expecting a quick sprinkling with holy water, but he went all out and the small ritual was the highlight of the day for me. When I called about the blessing, I also invited him to dinner at Casa Doyle and tonight was the big night. I am sorry to say that the girls were not on princess behavior. To be fair, they were so excited to see Father TJ that they talked over each other, interrupted and generally forgot every single table manner we've taught them. Then there was the spilt milk and Grace's dive under the table that prompted Sophie's loud, "Hey! You're wearing my panties!" I told Father TJ that he has a standing invitation to dinner with the Doyles anytime he needs to reconfirm his vocation. Chris and I enjoyed his company so much that we're hoping that next dinner isn't too long in coming.
Peace all around
Silly faces?
Father TJ brought it to the birthday fun with this Viking pose
Don't ask why we happened to have a Viking hat on hand...
I love that last picture. He looks like a really fun priest. It reminds me that I should get more involved in my parish.
ReplyDeleteTrivia alert:
ReplyDeleteI've been reading Bernard Cornwell's series about the Dane's invading England and he says that the word viking meant "raiding" and wasn't really a term used for the Danes who were invading to settle in England. He also said the Dane's never would have worn horns on their helmets because they could have been knocked off easily in battle and that there is no historic record that they wore that kind of gear. So what do think? A Hollywood invention by some creative costume head?
Nice look on the padre though!
Tell Sophie we'll have to get some panties monogrammed with her name. Think Grace would wear them if they said "Sophie" across the bum?
That was a very fun night! Thanks for posting the pictures.
ReplyDelete