Monday, November 2, 2009

Horrible

So, today was what I would call a horrible day.  If that sounds like an exaggeration, unfortunately, it's not.  It started with my ipod dying six minutes into my run and went downhill from there.  At one point, I went into our room to get something and caught Chris in a rare unencumbered moment.  I told him I was out of ideas to deal with some persistent behavior problems we're having and maybe it was time to consider putting the girls back in school.  In the year and a half that we have been back at homeschooling, today was the first time I seriously suggested that.  I love homeschooling mainly because I love being with my kids.  I love the one on one time I spend with them and the books we read.  I love the field trips and the family friends we have made through homeschooling.  Today though, I really wondered if it was the best thing for all of our girls.  Chris didn't hesitate though.  His response was, "wait a minute, we're all in on this."  And he affirmed all that I am doing for the girls.  The day went on being horrible after that and maybe in the past, I would have searched for solutions--the technique, the schedule, the planner--that would make the difference.  These days although I know there's always room for improvement, I also know that the bottom line is--life is hard.  Chris' firm stand in favor of homeschooling as the best path for our children and our family was the best thing that happened today because I believe that too.  He reminded me that we're in it together and tonight at dinner, he also made me laugh a lot.  What a great thing that is.  

(So, to top it all off, I didn't even get to lose myself in House tonight because of the World Series.  I know tomorrow has to be better.)

3 comments:

  1. Yup. I anticipate those "whyTH" moments as we go down that path. And I'm sure I'll go gray early, or bald. Sending hugs your way - halfway into Tuesday, I hope *today* is WAY better than yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, that stinks. :( I hate those days. If it makes you feel better, I have those days too, except my kids are already in school! It doesn't go over well when I tell Lawrence that we need to look into daycare or a nanny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BOOO. I have days like that, too.... And I don't even have the excuse of multiple kids RELYING on my the way yours do.

    I am eargly anticipating your "Better" post above, so see if you are feeling more optimistic...

    Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.