Other things that made the day beautiful:
*An educational concert at The Miller Theatre
*Watching the girls roll down the hill over and over and over and...
*Having my favorite father-in-law join us and buy us lunch after the girls ate theirs on the drive down town
*A long chat with my mom
*Eating leftovers for dinner--no cooking and not many dishes
*Chris doing the dishes and sweeping the kitchen for the first time in...well, you really don't need to know that
*Chris taking the middle three to K4J while I ran errands with Madeleine and Ella
*Laughing because Ella really is such a cuss!
*Oh, and last but definitely not least--John Mayer's new CD that came out today. Love it.
Here's hoping that you have a list of your own. If not today, maybe tomorrow...
Ask your kids about Hayden's behavior at K4J. Definitely 3 year old -- Borderline mess. Or cuss - that's what I was doing in my head, and b/c of the hormones, I was seconds away from tears. Milliseconds...
ReplyDeleteThat was not beautiful.
However, he made up for it after we left and reminded me of how much I am in love with him. Even this morning, I have almost forgotten the screams bouncing off the insides of my head when he refused to sit with the group, refused to play his angel part, and refused to wear his angel wings that mom spent not-too-much-time-on, but enough, and wanted instead to sit in Dustin's lap or thrust his body around the floor like Michael Jackson while Mrs. Cey was trying to keep all of the boys still and focused. GAAAAAAAAAAA! What to do when they aren't your perfect little angels that you had envisioned them being? Just for one night at least. I bet Chris was thanking God for only having had to raise girls.
Oh, and your girls really enjoyed rolling down the hill -- they were telling Misty about it!
ReplyDeleteA long chat? What's that like? Especially with your mom. Nice.
Speaking of CDs, thanks for the loaner. :)