Saturday, November 28, 2009

Advent

So, faithful Frodo Seven followers, I have a few fun posts for you about our Thanksgiving and trip home but before I get to that, I thought I'd point you to my Mom's recent post about advent.  I think I like advent every bit as much as I like Christmas.  For me, the joy of anticipation and preparation nearly exceeds the actual celebration.  Maybe that's because the perfect celebration is still to come on the other side of this "vale of tears".
I am especially excited about this advent because the girls and I are preparing a Jesse tree.  I found a website with bible verses and special symbolic ornaments that will help us trace the story of Jesus' ancestry.  Add to that the advent wreath, our advent house filled with treats and special messages and the fun of secret advent angels that we are doing with our TEAMS group and we have a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks.
We are wishing you and yours a very holy advent season!

1 comment:

  1. Caught up on two weeks of Frodo Seven and enjoyed every minute. Makes me miss my Texas rose and rosebuds. (Well I guess of one of those roses isn't such a bud anymore but is starting to open and impress us all with her beauty.

    Have a happy holy Advent. I bought my candles the other day and am scouting my Advent wreath today so we can light it for the first time after dinner when we say our rosary.

    Hugs and kisses all around and don't forget the new tradition of the elf on a shelf. Hope that arrived safely.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.