Monday, November 16, 2009

Nutcracker Market + More

Last weekend was really a red letter one all around.  Saturday, Chris and I enjoyed a rare day-long date at The Nutcracker Market while Grandma and Grandpa treated our fair ones to Disney on Ice.  All of the girls enjoyed the show as did G and G Doyle.  Clearly you're never too old for Disney!  As for me and Chris, we made it through most of the market and crossed off a lot of our Christmas list.  Chris referred to himself as "bag boy" most of the day because he carried the loot but he was a terrific shopping buddy and came up with gift ideas and helped make decisions.  I am most excited about a special gift we chose for Ella's birthday but that will have to remain secret.
Back at home, we loaded the crew in the car and went out to dinner to celebrate our friend Chad's birthday.  We had a lot of fun--fun that continued at Mass Sunday morning when the girls ran around with their buddies some more.  I was talking to Kim and watching Ella out of one eye when I saw Kim's one year old Dylan lean in and kiss her.  It was so cute and I tried to get him to do it again for the camera but Ella was more interested than he was at that point.  The rest of Sunday was lazy with nothing to do but be together.  So nice.  I hope you had a good weekend too!

They sang "Happy Birthday" and more--including a song I used in class last Thursday.
It's called "Eres Tú" and is incredibly cheesy but is great for beginners because it's easy to understand with simple vocabulary.  Check it out.  It's by Mocedades.


Proud Grandpa

Ella poses alone because Dylan keeps running to mama

He started it--really

A little gift from Chris, picked up at the market.
Not exactly true but nice that he thinks it is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how big Ella is getting!! Makes me even more exicted for you guys to get here.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.