Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Correction

This is crazy but Tara did not make Boston after all.  The official time keepers made a mistake and she did indeed miss it by a mere five minutes.  What a roller coaster couple of days.  As big sis' of the runner, I feel like going down to the office of the marathon powers-that-be and reading someone the riot act but in the end, I think Tara wants to make Boston for real, not just on paper.  We talked to her today before she found out about the mistake and she told me that she had thought she'd missed it by mile 20 or so and at mile 23 was in so much pain she started walking.  But she remembered that she'd told Chris she would leave it all out there so she gave herself sixty seconds and started running again--through the pain and despite the fact that she thought she'd missed her goal.  She ran to the end and for that, she's a winner in every way to me.  

Kreitzers bringin' it all over this great nation of ours

1 comment:

  1. Another correction... I didn't walk until mile 24. ;) It's definitely been a roller coaster couple of days but like I said, I pr'ed by 55 minutes! Can't be unhappy with that! Thank you so much for all your support. Looking at that bracelet definitely helped me pull it together and keep going when I just wanted to stop. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.