On Friday night, all of the residents of Casa Doyle plus Jack, Barb and one small friend enjoyed the annual SMMCS Talent Show. Madeleine was among the starlets and she was impressive both for her dance and vocal talents and for the presence of mind she showed in dealing with some frustrating microphone problems. I don't think I can put into words the pride that I felt watching our oldest daughter on stage. When I see her, I see the girl she was at two, five, eight, eleven... She's always loved to sing and dance and she's always been able to clear the floor or quiet a room. It's an awesome thing to watch her mature into such a talented yet humble young woman. We love you, Min!
Singing "Journey to the Past" from Anastasia
Her microphone kept quitting on her but she didn't miss a beat.
Madeleine and Cristina did a fun dance routine to Footloose.
This was their serious dancer pose.
Mia with old SMMCS buddie, Allison
Allison's mom is Madeleine's science teacher--small world
Budding Starlets
The little guy in the middle did an amazing dance to Hasta la Vista
He's Cristina's little brother and a favorite of Madeleine's.
During Madeleine's song, she kept belting out the ends of the lines and holding the notes.
All of the girls know the entire album of Anastasia because of Madeleine's act.
I love Anastasia, one of my favorite animated movies. Lawrence actually bought it for ME for Christmas one year. Journey to the Past is an awesome song choice. Next time we see you all, I think Madeleine will have to give us a performance.
ReplyDeleteJust caught up on the last few days worth of blogging. Always love it and enjoy seeing what all my girls are going (and the one lonely fella who lives there!). Hugs and kisses to all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
oops..."doing" but I'm also interested in where they're going!
ReplyDelete