Sunday, May 24, 2009

So Sweet


We arrived home from our adventure after the girls' bedtimes and the first thing Chris did was to check on Thomas.  He seemed to be in a state of hibernation and we were all worried about him.  The next day though, Thomas Henry was far from my mind as I tackled a mountain of laundry and generally got us back on track after three days away.  
In the middle of the morning, Chris came running down the stairs, excited to tell me that he'd found out what turtles eat--fruits and vegetables (I had assumed they eat insects).  Apparently, they especially love tomatoes.  So Chris made TH a big salad including half a tomato and he and the girls took it out to the small enclosure where he'd spent the night.  Thomas was clearly hungry because he immediately went for the tomato.  It was fun and interesting to watch him eat but what I'll always remember about that morning is that my dear husband was so worried about our new pet that he took time out from slaying dragons for Shell to care for him.  
Chris is very much the tough Marine but he has a soft heart for those he loves.  I think it's sweet that that includes turtles.

A Hearty Lunch:  Feeding Thomas Henry
(Filmed by a videographer in training--watch at your own risk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.