Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sea World San Antonio


Ella looooved Shamu!

I may have mentioned that I have the best parents-in-law ever.  The latest greatest thing they've done is plan a trip to San Antonio and Sea World for Club Doyle.  We all left Saturday afternoon after our swim meet and arrived in San Antonio in time to tuck the kids into bed.  We got up early Sunday morning and attended a Spanish Mass at a small church close to the hotel.  That was one of the highlights of the day for me.  The music and style of the church reminded  me of Mexico and the young priest gave a very personal and inspiring homily (in english).  After church, we headed to Sea World.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  It was sunny, warm and not at all humid.  
I took a ton of pictures as always and they tell the story of our day.  At the end, I felt like I hadn't quite earned the right to leave.  I wasn't drenched in sweat or exhausted and there was more to do and see than we'd had time for.  I did do an all out sprint to a roller coaster with my oldest daughter three minutes before the park closed.  We didn't make it but running through the park to catch one more ride made me feel just like my eleven-year-old self.

Soaking wet after standing in the splash zone for Journey to Atlantis

Grace's first big girl ride.  Note the look of terror.

Two Shamu

Whale tales splashing

We told Madeleine that this may be the job for her

Me and G--we loved the whale show

The sea lion show was a skit.  I think it was called "Cannery Caper".
My favorite part was when the sea lions didn't reappear when they were supposed to and the cast had to ad lib while they waited.

Guy talk

The villain

Ab Ripper X for walruses

Grace face

Which one of these is not like the other ones?

Mia is always peaceful

The brothers Doyle

Kevin, suddenly overcome by his love for his big brother

Doyles in 4D

Ella was happy to help Grandma polish off her Dip 'n Dots

Ceci takes a bite out of Shamu

A couple of otters playing in the lazy river

Watching Viva...

...or, Circ de Soleil with dolphins

Hi Mama!

The Shamu ride may have been too much for Kevin and Madeleine

Ella intent on her play in the foam pit

Grace strikes a pose

"Bye Shamu.  See you next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.