Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flat Alex Goes Home


Madeleine waves a sad goodbye but adds
"See you in July!"

We said goodbye to Flat Alex today.  I was sad to see him go.  To say I've thrown myself into this project would be an understatement.  The funny thing is--even though I've been playing with a paper doll, I found myself feeling a connection with my little nephew who reminds me so much of his father, my very dear little brother David.
When Madeleine introduced me at our book club meeting recently, she told everyone, "my mom loves flat people".  I had to correct her--not just any flat people--flat Alex.  Of course, now that he's gone, I'll have to find another project to occupy my attention.  Fortunately, we'll have Flat Anna and Flat Clare along on our trip to Virginia this summer.  They're Canadian and are in desperate need of learning more about American history.  I think a trip to DC may be in order....a picture at the bottom of the Washington Monument might be just the thing (I can hear my kids--and sweet husband---groaning already :)

I know, I know, a little weird but I had to give him a goodbye kiss

Sporting his new shirt on the way to the airport

¡Adios querido sobrino!

The real thing
Isn't he cute?

2 comments:

  1. We'll be sad to see Flat Alex go. He was a good couch-mate to watch sports with...and a really good listener. Remember little buddy, what's said on the couch, stays on the couch. Cheers, CED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Great job!

    Think of all the adventures he will have!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.