Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Travelling


I wrote this one on Saturday before I discovered my missing photo cord.  Now that it's safely back at CD (thanks to Uncle K!), I can continue with the Chronicles of FS.

Safe at home....we enjoyed a day of sleeping in, unpacking, re-aclimatizing and preparing for Advent.  Chris and I always enjoy long car trips because we use the time to talk, listen to good books on CD with the kids, say the rosary and play games.  This trip, we also had an extensive pro-con discussion with the kids about whether we should spend the night in a hotel or drive the twelve hours straight home.  The cons won and we drove all the way through, arriving at Casa Doyle at 2:30 AM.  
We spent our Saturday cleaning out the car, raking leaves and admiring our neighbor's new Jack Russell Terrier.  The girls' pleas for a pet have reached a new level.  I am encouraging them to practice sympathetic joy and to simply be happy for their behind-the-fence friend Analise.
The following photos should illustrate the fact that we do things a little differently in Texas.  In most places, kids jump in leaves in scarves, hats, coats and gloves.  Not in Texas!  After braving the cold for a week, we are glad to be back.  OK--tata for now.  Next up--turkey!




Where's G?

I have a photo of Ella in the leaves.  
Let's just say she didn't take to the adventure quite the way her sisters did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.