
Tonight, I finally finished reading Stuart Little to my small pupils, a book we've been working on for awhile now along with a couple of others. I am much more familiar with the first and second Stuart Little movies (starring Hugh Laurie) than I am with the book which is quite different. When I closed the cover tonight, Grace said, "I liked that story, Mommy. Can we read it again?" So, we may do that. I especially appreciated the final lines:
"As he peered ahead into the great land that stretched before him, the way seemed long. But the sky was bright and he somehow felt he was headed in the right direction."
What could be better than bright skies and the confidence that we'll find what we're looking for? Nothing I think.
Speaking of which--CONGRATULATIONS TO RALPH G. (Sophie's "paran") who completed his journey to qualify for Boston last Saturday! We are so proud of you and will see you there in 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.