A few more things that make me smile...
#1 Amazing Ella. She is learning so much so quickly. She loves the Big Bird Dance DVD that I found at a thrift store and asks for it constantly. She and Mia do the moves without the DVD now too which is fun to watch.
Here are her sisters doing "I'm a little airplane"
Ella also sings along with her bedtime songs. Her favorites? Baby Mine and Paka's Song (Country Roads--I especially love hearing her belt that one out). And finally, she knows her prayers. While saying the rosary the other day, I noticed Ella finishing the lines and saying a resounding "Amen" at the end of each prayer. That really touched my heart because I consider the faith to be the greatest gift we are giving our kids.
#2 This ring that my friend Hope made. She let me pick from dozens when we visited the other day. I chose this one because it reminds me of her sweet daughter Bella (though the child pictured is not Bella) and also because I love games and peek-a-boo has to be one of the best ever.
#3 The Chik-Fil-A Cow. I don't know why. I'm not a cow fan in general it's just that this one keeps showing up in my life. I especially like her when she's accessorized. And the girls love her!
#4 The Sacrament of Reconciliation. Mia will make this sacrament in January and we are working hard to prepare. Tonight, she, Chris and I attended our parish's reconciliation service. We were fortunate that Madeleine had the opportunity to go at school so that the other girls could stay home. I normally do not go to confession face-to-face. I did in the past but when I was living in Spain, I tried to go face-to-face and the priest moved me around to where I was behind the screen. It was a show of respect for the modesty of women and I have never forgotten that. Tonight though, the face-to-face lines were shorter and, in the interest of getting home to the girls, I went to one of those priests. He was wonderful in his gentleness and reminded me of Jesus and the love with which He welcomes us back to Him. As I looked around the church tonight at all of the priests at their stations, I noticed them all really taking time to talk to and even counsel the people who came to them. It reminded me of something my mom told me--that back when people were going to confession regularly, there was very little need of individual counseling. I believe it. And I thank God for the gift of this special sacrament. Please pray for Mia as she prepares to receive it.
#5 I'm loving the live music coming from our living room this year. Our three piano students are doing very well and are entertaining us with carols daily. This afternoon, Mia spent half an hour sharing her talent with the customers at a local grocery store through a program sponsored by the music school. She played beautifully and several people stopped by to express their appreciation. I think she was proud of herself when it was over which was the best part of all.
small fans supporting their big sis'
BONUS: I continue to appreciate the fine work of my virtual friend Emily, star photographer and all around artsy person. I checked in on some of her photos today and loved the session she did for this little family. One of the things on my bucket list is to play pro photographer at some point. Emily's blog gives me a lot of ideas and I may break down and buy the equipment I need to get started in 2010. We'll see. If not, maybe Chris and I will hire Emily to take some tenth anniversary photos for us. I told her that's on my bucket list too!
OK, that's it for now. It truly is the little things that make life so sweet. At this time of year in particular, I want to say a giant thank you to God for--everything--because if He stopped considering us for even one second, none of this would be possible.

Put up some video of the piano playing!!
ReplyDeleteA big congratulation to Miss Mia. You go, girl! Can't wait to visit and hear a Mia concert...and a Madeleine concert...and see the dancers in motion...and...well you know - anything with grandchildren!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Gramma
Wanna practice on Luke? I know it's a busy time right now, but I am chomping at the bit to get him into portrait innovations (I must be mad!) to capture some of the sweet innocence and wrinkly skin.
ReplyDelete