Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow in Texas

So, I've been having quite a few quixotic moments lately--moments when my idealistic vision of how things could or should be comes smack up against the reality of how they are.  It is times like these when I say the Serenity Prayer and remind myself to focus on the things I can do and leave the rest to my heavenly Father who loves me and wants the best for all of us.
Today, I got a visual reminder of that love.  I have never lived in a place where snow is a common occurrence, so it is always magical.  And when the sky opened this afternoon dropping the biggest, wettest flakes I've ever seen (on Houston!), I felt like crying.  La Familia Doyle was voluntarily snowed in in the place where we are surrounded by those who love us best of all.  And when I think about what I can realistically do about the things that discourage me, I always come back to our girls who we are putting 100% into raising to love the Lord, their Catholic faith and their family.  I'm thinking the results will be as extraordinary and delightful as snow in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, look at that cute little Sophie. I just finished wrapping up Grace's present and decided that since I don't think I'm making any progress with Lawrence in the Houston department, I think you guys should move to Fairfax. Yes, it's more expensive here and yes, it takes forever to get anywhere, BUT, we would be poor while sitting in traffic TOGETHER. :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.