This was the result of the "big" shopping trip in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. I was a bit skeptical when the groceries didn't even cover the bottom of the cart but Thursday's meal was a bit like the room of requirement in Harry Potter--when food was needed, it appeared.
So, as you already know, we spent the week of Thanksgiving with Chris' brother Kevin and family in their beautiful new home in Lenexa, Kansas. This trip took us a long time to prepare for between the winter clothes, clothes for church and clothes for our family photo shoot. It took a day and a half on each end to get organized. But it was worth it. We had a lot of down time as well as a couple of trips to Lawrence and for me, a visit with an old friend. I hope you enjoy the photos:
Madeleine was thankful for food, Mia--family, Ella--Grandma,
Sophie--Harriet and Grace--sisters
Madeleine was like the energizer bunny. She's a fantastic cook (I think she gets it from Grandma K. because for me, cooking is a necessary....well, not my favorite thing)
She enjoyed working alongside her Aunt Abby.
Madeleine's favorite holiday--guess why
satisfaction
the trytophane effect
there was ping pong
(an action shot)
a little octopus
some red rover
(at one point, I looked out the window and Chris and Kevin were just standing holding hands for no apparent reason. I got all choked up imagining them doing that as little boys--Chris assures me they never did that--I don't believe him.)
Kenny Felt, our fearless photographer
KU bound?
Charming Sophie has Uncle Kevin wrapped around her finger
Cute photos. I especially the like the "future Jayhawks" one. It reminds me of a pin that I got as a 4th grader that said, "I am a future WL student." I am now a West Liberty Alumni and I passed the pin down to Ella. We put it proudly on our diaper bag when we visit campus.
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of red rover. My first thought though was, why is Chris dressed up like Waldo? ;)
ReplyDelete