A few things have happened recently that have me smiling:
#1 The best by far was meeting my friend Robin's new baby, Luke. We took them a meal last night and Robin was happy to let me and the girls hold her tiny bundle. Because we have been talking so much about the baby Jesus, this was an extra special treat. Robin was glowing and seeing her reminded me how amazing it is to have a new baby this time of the year. Congratulations to mom, dad, big brother Hayden and Luke!
#2 On Sunday, we turned on our outdoor lights in honor of St. Lucia's feast day.
#3 On Sunday, my friend Dolores and I got the kids together to prepare gifts for mutual friends and neighbors.
The kids made cards. This is Madeleine's creation.
Last night, we went caroling to deliver our packages. It was a lot of fun though we did get some looks like we were crazy.
#4 We drew an especially fun card from the Advent house last night. It was for Madeleine who had to dance with her Mama to any song she wished. I tried hard to keep up with her. The rest of the girls joined in and we had a good old-fashioned dance party!
This picture is another of the things making me smile!
#5 And last but not least, I checked the blogs I follow the other day and my mom had linked hers to my post about Santa Claus. We have a bit of a mutual admiration society going when it comes to our writing endeavors and Mom's is the opinion I most value after Chris' (In fact, I should give Chris more credit on here because he is an amazing editor.) Anyway, it made me smile to have Mom's seal of approval. Oh--and congratulations to her! She accepted a "write a novel in a month" challenge and did it! I can't wait to read it.
It just hit me when I looked at the picture of Madeleine in the dining room what a beautiful young lady she is becoming. And I was just going through pictures for Brendan's slide show and found one of her holding him in the hospital. Where did the time go??
ReplyDeleteOn another note, has Grace been practicing Flying Guitar? I'm so ready for our duet. :)
Dustin said the recipe was a keeper!! Thank you so much for bringing the meal and warm wishes to the house. A baby is a lot more special when you can share them with friends. I enjoyed seeing the girls "fight" over who could hold him next. Hayden made your box into a boat after you left, and played in it on and off the rest of the evening. It actually sat in our living room until yesterday, getting the occassional "row." Merry Christmas -- almost!
ReplyDeleteRobin