Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Sophie Story



Madeleine and Sophie walked to Sonic together today while waiting for Mia and Grace to finish their piano lessons.  It's a long walk for Sophie who told me later that her legs hurt.  En route, Madeleine was making conversation with her little sis' and asked, "So, Sophie, what do you think you want to be when you grow up?".  Sophie thought a moment, then answered, "Well, I kind of want to be a princess but I don't want to have to go through all of those dangers."  Maybe it's time to start karate.
Princess Sophie was also the kid who most appreciated her Dad's homemade valentine this year.  After he gave them out at dinner, she carried it around, examining it over and over and commenting, "I'm wearing an orange".
What a great thing it is to be five!

 Chris has a tradition of using magazinecut-outs and photos to make creative valentines for me and the girls.
They're always really awesome.  I'll post photos of the others later this week.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure that outfit Sophie is wearing is appropriate, especially for a 5-year old?

    Love those Valentines. Dave got Rachel a card this year. I was impressed because I think that stuff is important. I'm pretty sure your girls will have a strong sense that they are very loved by their daddy. It's a great gift for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No--not appropriate at all. We talked about that but are still pretty fascinated by the idea of a dress made from orange slices. I made a note to self--find National Geographics for next year's valentines. He's done some really cool ones with girls in Eskimo outfits and diving suits. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea - I love it. This is a real "keeper". Alice and Chris - you are awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never realized Sophie was so tall! Guess I'll be looking up to her next visit.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.