Thursday, February 17, 2011

Perks

So, as many of you know, Chris works mostly from home.  It can sometimes be challenging to juggle his needs for quiet and space with five rowdy home schooled girls but we manage.  In fact, as you can probably imagine, there are many advantages to his working from home.  One is the fact that he can save his workout for a mid-day break and sometimes, he even lets one of the girls ride along while he runs.
The other day, as he was headed out the door with his ipod, I asked him to please let Grace go along.  She was having one of those days--way too much energy for the house and her mother.  Grace rode the whole route with no complaints and actually "did school" as she and Chris discussed such topics as the fight or flight response of squirrels (I need to brush up on that one myself :)  Chris came back commenting on how great G is to talk to and Grace returned ready to settle down--at least a bit.



1 comment:

  1. As we get closer to the end of recruiting, I'm so looking forward to seeing Rory a little more. We resemble this daily, with all of the cold weather and a two year old tired of staying in a little house when there's so much outside to see and explore. Once Rory's around a bit more, the boys could head outside and find adventure somehow. I admire your patience and tenacity, Alice!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.