
So, Chris and I rarely go out the night of Valentine's Day because of the crowds and plans with our girls. This year, I gave him a hand written invitation to go out for Valentine's Day last Friday night. It gave the day and time but no details about what we were doing--mostly because I hadn't figured that out. I wanted to do something different and spent a week researching all of our options. I came across a lot of interesting restaurants and by the time Friday rolled around, I had narrowed it down to a restaurant called Max's Wine Dive in midtown or the Sam Houston Race Track where we could bet on horses and drink 50¢ draft beer (which ended up being a bit of a stretch). Just to be sure though, I did one last search online and found a restaurant I hadn't come across before. It specializes in all kinds of draft beers and sounded exactly like something we would like. When we pulled up in front of it two hours later, I looked over at Chris and said, "We can go somewhere else if you want." It looked a lot like a big shack from the outside. He was game to try it though and I am glad because it was really great. It's called the BRC which stands for "Big Red Cock"--the rooster kind. The beer selection was extensive, the food great and the decor interesting enough to keep us commenting the whole night. We also talked about how easy it is to get downtown and wondered why we don't do it more often. Now, I have a list of great places to try but I think we'll be tempted to make at least one more trip to the BRC.

How to choose...
Extreme close up
They had a ton of these picture cards with compound words or phrases.
Most were really funny. This one is for ARD.
I took this blurry picture for the wallpaper which I thought was cool.
That's all for now. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.