In the same conversation, I told him that we need to have a talk about home schooling--one of those talks--the "is this working or are we handicapping our kids for life" kind of discussions. The fact is I love home schooling. For many reasons. But week after week, I fight the battle of the important versus the urgent. The housework is the urgent--we have to eat and wear clean clothes. And schoolwork is the important--easy to put off until that day when our world has finally submitted to our intense need for order and cleanliness. I told Chris that I just don't feel like I'm getting in enough real schooling. Twenty minutes later, we were all at the table together before dinner and I was doing a quick lesson on the sun in preparation for a planet club that I am leading this week. Much to my surprise, the girls already knew all of the planets in order from the sun out. How on earth? I can thank Steve of Steve Songs for that. One more reminder that I am not in charge and I do not have to do it all. Instead, as I decide what to do each day, I should remember Mother Teresa's exhortation to do it all with great love. And it will be okay.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Bibidee Bobidee Boo!
So, a few things happened today that I want to write about and remember. First, a few funnies of Ella's. She has taken to randomly telling me, "you're a cutie pie" and "we're the Doy-als", both very astute observations. She also has a quirky sense of humor. She and I were at the grocery store together and she was asking me about the price scanner. So I told her what it did and ended by saying, "and this is the grocery store where we got you" (I tease and joke with my kids constantly. It happens almost without my thinking about it). Anyway, she said, "noooo". So I asked, "well how did you get here?" and she said, "Bibidee, bobidee, boo!" When I told Chris, he joked that she's given us a new code phrase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.