Madeleine on campus at James Madison University
Well, Virginia has completely spoiled us since we arrived, with beautiful weather and very blue skies. Saturday was especially gorgeous, perfect really, and we took the opportunity to spend the day outdoors in Harrisonburg, a thirty minute drive from Woodstock. We picnicked, browsed the Green Valley Book Fair, geocached and toured the campus of James Madison University.
I have fond memories of time spent at JMU visiting good friends, including a couple of fun football games played right on the spot where Madeleine is standing in the above photo.
Who knows, maybe Madeleine will decide to be a bulldog and make JMU her college home. Or maybe she'll choose Mr. Jefferson's University in Charlottesville as her godparents and her mama did...decisions, decisions...so exciting and coming much too quickly*.
Enjoy the photos. As usual, I took a lot!
*Speaking of big decisions, Chris announced that he might be okay with Madeleine to start dating....as long as she sticks with guys in the chess club---because any guy who takes 3 hours to make a move has to be pretty harmless. (Yeah, I know---groan. We all laughed though. Even Madeleine who is disappointed not to know any chess players. :)
bollazo
funny face
Heaven is....the Green Valley Book Fair
It's huge. Three big rooms and shelves and shelves of new books. Prices range from $1 to about $5 on average. A little more for more recent releases and larger hard backs. It opens for a few weeks at a time off and on all year and we always make a point to go during the summer. This year, I gave each of the girls 3 one dollar bills. They enjoyed making their choices and Sophie, who chose a $2 BFF kit to share with cousin Lauren, shared the rest of her money with sisters who needed a little extra.
Time out to read
So many choices
geocaching
We looked and looked and looked. The cache was hidden in a spot I considered a bit out of bounds. We only found it after Chris looked up the very specific hints on my phone.
nothing in here but us
Little Wink (Me and E)
I flash it back to her and then hold up two fingers
Wow, that last picture of Grace looks just like you. It's like a mini-Alice standing there!
ReplyDeleteTara's comment is funny because I was thinking that the picture of Madeleine and the long row of books looked like you. I actually thought someone had taken the camera. I think she's just holding herself the way you do or something.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. I can't wait to see them.
Am loving the VA posts, Alice. The girls are all growing so much. You look like you're having a ball, as always!
ReplyDelete