Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weekend in Wheeling




So, where were we? Well, after Steve Songs, the Doyles and the Virginia Kreitzers climbed in our vans and made the drive to Wheeling for my cousin Melissa's wedding. Jes and I rode together with all of her boys, Sophie and Ella and David and Chris had the other girls. Normally, the trip should have taken five or six hours. Somehow, Jes and I dragged it out for eight painful hours (possibly an exaggeration but not by much). We heard a lot of "I have to go potty"s and "I'm hungry"s and were very glad to pull into Oglebay Park after dark. Our rooms were perfect, with plenty of space for the kids to spread out. Before the wedding Saturday, everyone enjoyed the indoor pool. I started the dolling up process for all of our girls and Rachel about two and a half hours ahead of time and still rushed out the door at the end. I don't think my years as a tomboy prepared me well for all of my hair doing duties.
The wedding ceremony took place in the church where my dad was baptized and made his first penance, first communion and confirmation. We went to Mass there every summer when we visited my grandparents as well. So, a lot of history. It was very special.
The kids had a tremendous amount of fun at the reception as the pictures show. My uncle gave the second best father of the bride speech ever (I have to give my dad credit for the best). Everything was beautiful and it was great to see so many aunts, uncles and cousins.

the Bristow Kreitzers


Our gift was a treasure box with a few fun things inside


Ella and Anya
Best buds and the two cutest two year olds ever




definitely a daddy's girl

a little ditty about Zack and Grace


those are dancing feet

Two of the nine Kreitzer siblings

David danced with the bride





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.